I'm the kind of gal' that wants her onions minced so finely that they disintegrate into a dish.
I'm the kind of gal' that you need to puree cauliflower and mix it in with mashed potatoes to get me to agree to it.
I'm the kind of gal' that eats her veggies like a little kid: small bites drowned by ranch dressing.
Veggies are just not my cup of tea.
So how the heck did I just fall in love with Brussels Sprouts?
These roasted gems were divine. I could not stop eating them. After I finished the serving on my plate, I ignored the rest of my dinner and promptly ate the rest of the sprouts straight from the serving dish. I definitely got in my serving of veggies for the week.
Roasted Garlicy Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 16 oz Brussels Sprouts (about 20 sprouts)
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and diced
- 2-3 tablespoons bacon grease (do not leave this out! It's what gives the sprouts such a fabulous bacon flavor!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder, depending on how garlicy your palate prefers
- plenty of fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In a large bowl, toss sprouts with melted bacon grease and olive oil. Add in garlic powder and black pepper and stir to coat. Arrange sprouts on a large baking sheet lined with foil and place on the lower rack of the oven. Roast sprouts 15-20 minutes, until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
Remove sprouts from baking sheet into a serving bowl and top with diced bacon.