We all know that snow and sub-zero temperatures are an expected part of life in the land of 10,000 lakes. We also all know that winter is the perfect season for soup, stew, pot roast, chili, mashed potatoes, and a whole lot of other rich, warming comfort foods.
Despite these truths, I think we also all know that at some point during the winter, we crave something bright and fresh.
Enter Chipotle Chicken Salad.
It's crunchy and succulent and bursting with enough flavor to shake your taste buds out of hibernation!
Chipotle Chicken Salad (Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen)
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 3 TB fresh lime juice (2 small limes or one large)
- 2 tsp minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups poached chicken breast (cubed or shredded)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 red bell pepper (stemmed, seeded and chopped fine)
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 TB minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk mayo, lime juice, chipotles, oil, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients, as well as additional salt and pepper to taste Let sit 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
This is great on sandwich rolls, lettuce wraps, or tortillas! You can even mix in some black beans and cheese for a standout salad.